This week I’ll be making this dish for my dear hubby for sure. He’s all out of lunch
portions of his favourite… Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork!
(pictures posted later)
2 to 3lbs. Pork Loin Roast
2 tbsp. Dark Sesame Oil
591mL bottle of Mug Rootbeer
3 tbsp. Colgin’s Liquid Smoke – natural hickory
1 bottle Tony Roma’s Hickory BBQ Sauce
½ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
8 D’Italiano Hamburger Buns
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pepper
1. Preheat your crock-pot on High while prepping the ingredients.
2. Cut your roast into small fist sized pieces and place in your crock-pot.
3. Coat your roast in Sesame Oil, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper flipping the meat around to coat.
4. Add a full bottle of Root-beer, we prefer the Mug brand, but I am sure that any brand would work just as well.
5. Add the Liquid Smoke, and stir mixture well before covering the crock-pot.
6. Cook on High for 1 hour, then reduce your crock-pot’s temperature to Low for 5 to 6 hours.
7. Add 1/3 bottle of BBQ Sauce, again we prefer it with the Tony Roma’s sauce, but any type would work.
8. Cook for an additional 90 minutes.
9. Remove meat from its liquid and place in large bowl.
10. Turn off your crock-pot and discard the liquid.
11. Using two forks pull the pork apart.
12. Grind a generous amount of pepper over the meat.
13. Add all of the remaining BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce. Stir minimally to coat the meat.
14. Cover and microwave the bowl for 2 minutes to warm and activate the sauces.
15. Serve over sturdy hamburger buns. Makes 8 portions.
Perfect for game day, or as an appetizer! This recipe freezes really well in individual servings, and makes awesome hot lunches with the addition of a fresh hamburger bun.
What is your go to pulled pork recipe?
Please click “Leave a Comment” below and share with me.