I love cake, don’t you? I just don’t love all the dishes it takes to bake one. And with just the two of us… one cake is WAAAAAY more than we need to eat in any given week.
Earlier in the year I found out about how to make Mug Cake at home. Now I can make CakeFor1 or two, and here’s how you can too!
Take one Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix and one Betty Crocker Angel Food Mix in any flavours or combinations you want. I chose chocolate, but we’ve already used up the vanilla! Mix them together in a large resealable container.
1. Use a regular sized coffee mug.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of your “Mug Cake Mix”.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of water, and stir until combined with a spoon or small whisk.
You could also use milk or any liquid I’m sure.
4. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Caution… don’t try to bake more than 2 mugs at a time though.
5. Let cool for one minute, but be ready to eat it right away as it does not like to hang around to be eaten later.
6. Garnish with whatever you have on hand. I used white chocolate chips and chocolate sundae syrup.
7. Tuck your container of 3-2-1 Mug Cake Mix back in your cupboard for future use.
Suggestions for garnishes and flavour combinations…
* Use vanilla cake, strawberries and whipped cream from a can to create very fast Strawberry Shortcakes. Also great with ANY fruit or berry!
* Use prepared icing, which keeps so well in your fridge, to frost your Mug Cake.
* If you have an Epicure Selections Frother, you can make thick, fat-free whipped cream out of Skim Milk. Flavour it with any liqueur you have on hand, like Frangelico.
* Add bananas, butterscotch and a small scoop of ice cream for a unique Sundae-style Mug Cake.
* Use canned cherry pie filling, chocolate whipped cream and chocolate shavings to create a Black Forest Mug Cake.
How will you top your Mug Cake?
Please feel free to share your own personal combinations below.