Thank you Johnsonville for bringing out loose-form Italian Sausage meat! I don’t know about you… but I always detested having to take the sausage meat out of the casings. Here’s a quickie 5-minute meal, and my quickly written blog post.
I had defrosted this spicy sausage meat last night, and used about half of it on our homemade pizza. It added just the right zing!
However, I was left with about half a package to cook up today along with some thinly sliced onions. Now… what to make for lunch?
I was inspired to create a twist on one of my favourite, childhood lunches – Sloppy Joes. Typically, I use ground beef and Heinz’s Chili Sauce to make mine on toasted buns. But today… I tried something different.
In a nutshell, here’s what I did…
1. Place meat in fry pan, and use your potato masher to break it up.
2. Add the sliced onions, and fry together with a squeeze of Sriracha and Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Slather Toasted Garlic and Horseradish Dip on the buns.
4. Top the buns with the cooked meat and onion mixture, and feta (mine was homemade – salty-goodness).
5. Serve with a side of dill pickles. I like to crinkle-cut mine!
Hope you love it as much as I do!
How do you make your Sloppy Joes?
Please feel free to share in the comments section below.
Learn how to make your own cheese from scratch,
check out my instructor’s easy-to-follow RECIPES.